This is my life as it comes hurdling by....

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Lincoln Connor Cummings is HERE!

Okay, so really this is week old news. I wanted to officially post about him getting here though. I have to say it was one of the easiest deliveries I have ever heard of (sorry mamas with super hard ones!). Caiden, being my first one, was long and hard and it took me a really long time to recover and feel like my old self again. This time everything happened so fast!
I started feeling contractions around 12:00 on Sunday morning. I woke Jay up and told him I was in labor but I wanted to try to make it until 6:00 before calling anyone and heading to the hospital. I made it to 5:30 before I couldn't take it any longer and we called his parents to come over and watch Caiden. We were officially admitted into St. Mary's Hospital at 8:00 that morning and Lincoln was born at 3:05 pm. I had four pushes in approximately ten minutes and he was here!

We have been home since Tuesday and things are going great. It gets a little crazy from time to time but we have all worked really well together and are getting things figured out. So far our nights have been pretty good. Last night he slept from 12-5! I couldn't believe it! I'm sure I am calling the devil by blogging about it but that is okay. I know this time around there will be good nights and bad nights and there is nothing you can do about it but roll with it.

Caiden is about the sweetest big brother I have ever seen. He just beams when he talks about Lincoln or plays with him. He loves helping me get diapers and wants to hold and hug him all the time. I'm sure he will have his days where he is less than impressed with the attention his little brother gets but so far so good.

Some have asked about his name. Lincoln is something I found online and really liked. It was a popular name in Europe a few years ago but I can't remember which country. We really liked how strong it sounded and that it was a little different without being super weird. Although we don't know anyone whose name is Lincoln, his pediatrician informed me he was the third she had seen this year. Really?! His middle name is a family name from Jay's side of the family. Jay's grandma's maiden was O' Connor so we decided to drop the "O" and keep the Connor. (Otherwise I was afraid his name would sound like a Law Firm- Lincoln-O'Connor-Cummings).
Here are a few pictures we have taken so far. We had Rebecca come Thursday to take his newborn pictures and I can't wait to see them. She posted two shots already on Facebook- one of Caiden and one of Lincoln. They are amazing so you must check them out!








No comments: