This is my life as it comes hurdling by....

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Fitness Bootcamp

So now that the baby is here and summer is fast approaching, I need to get back in shape!

Thanks to a good friend of mine, I am enrolling in an 8 week fitness class that is going to whip me back into shape. I have no idea what to expect from the class other than I am going to be super sore and super tired from it. The instructor is someone I know from high school and he has a background in martial arts so there may be a little of that included in our workouts. We will have to see! I am a little nervous about the timing though. While it is perfect timing for summer, the class begins just as I go back to work. So, no more napping during the days after being up all night with a hungry baby. Instead I will be spending my days managing kids and my evenings managing my own kids....and still not sleeping though the night. Kinda scary when you think about adding a heavy workout in there too!

I'm sure everything will be fine though and I am looking forward to really fitting into my old clothes again. According to the scale I only have 5 lbs to lose before being at my pre-pregnancy weight. I know this isn't correct though. I can tell pregnancy has changed my body and I have lost muscle and gained fat in it's place. Ahh, the joys of being a mother. Maybe I could post before and after pictures?

2 comments:

Steph said...

I started the Jillian 30 Day Shred video earlier this month. It has kicked my butt but I've really enjoyed it so far.

ashleygates1@gmail.com said...

Who is teaching the class?? Brian?? Good luck! Dave and I are in the middle of P90 and it is kicking our butts!