This is my life as it comes hurdling by....

Sunday, December 19, 2010

3 things on my mind....

1. Where are we going to put all the new toys this year? Our house is so crowded already. I have gone through the boy's toys and put away things they currently aren't playing with but seriously, THERE IS NO ROOM! So far my family has been really good at recognizing our lack of space and most of them have gotten the boys things like movies and books which don't take up a lot of room. I know they will be getting some toys which is perfectly fine. What is Christmas (to a 3 year old) without toys?!

2. When can we move? When we bought our house, the housing market was booming and we thought we would stay here for 3 years then move to a bigger home. 5 1/2 years later we are still here with no real plans to move. We know we need to, but there is this little thing that controls our lives called money. Do you know where we could get one of those trees that it grows on?

3. When are we going to get "back on top"? We had crazy medical bills 2 years ago that came out of the blue, two months later I did my student teaching so I didn't have a job for 10 months, then we had Lincoln. Money has been tight and we have made all the reasonable adjustments like getting rid of credit cards, canceling our cable, not going out and spending money on silly things, keeping our grocery bills small. I picked up a tutoring job 2 days a week and we refinanced our house to make our mortgage smaller. All these things are great but it will take awhile for them to really kick in and start helping us. Typical Americans, we want our problems solved instantly! All of this going on and my car broke down, Jay's car needs some work, oh and did I mention it's Christmas? Needless to say, it won't be the big production it has been in the years before. Our boys are each getting two gifts from us and Santa will bring them something.

As negative as this post sounds, living this way has really made us realize we are still lucky people. We have our health and we have become stronger as a family. Working through this madness has been hard but it has only proven what a strong connection Jay and I have. First and foremost we are on the same team and we have shown each other how hard we will work to provide for our family.

I know at some point we will "get our heads above water" and we will be able to live freely again. There is a light at the end of our tunnel.....

No comments: