This is my life as it comes hurdling by....

Friday, March 18, 2011

What a week!

This week is my spring break and I have been CRAZY busy. It's a good busy because it means that very long to-do list has finally gotten some attention. Here are just a few of the things I had on my list for this week:

-car inspection
-get chips in windshield fixed
-workout daily
-haircut
-Lincoln 1 year check up
-clean WHOLE house
-get Lincoln's 18 month clothes out/washed/put away
-clean inside/outside of my car
-upload/organize pictures from my camera (that have been there since January 1st-oops!)
-redo the boy's room and the playroom
-grocery shopping
-buy a thrift store item and re-purpose it (more on this later)
-get items ready for NFB pickup
-clean out flower beds

Really I could go on but I'm sure I have bored you already. I am proud to say I got almost every thing on my list checked off!

I am ashamed to admit that I did not workout once! Since I quit going to boot camp I have been feeling a little soft so I thought with this week I could get some workouts done at home. We are patiently waiting for a new gym opportunity to happen and then hopefully I can get back on track with my hubby in tow. As much as I LOVED boot camp, $75 a month was too pricey for me so hopefully this new endeavor will work.

On a happy note, I played outside with the boys yesterday from 5:00-7:30! We only came in for potty breaks-that's it. We raced each other, vacuumed my car, drove our fleet down the sidewalk, played ball, painted flower pots and threw "rocks" into the street.

Lincoln has been home with me since Wednesday- the boy is sick again! Can you believe it!? On top of getting a whopping 4 shots, and pushing in a few more teeth (he already has 12) he has some kind of cold that has turned his nose into a faucet.

He is also recovering from a pretty bad allergic reaction to a new kind of laundry detergent we tried. Since Wednesday afternoon I have pulled every item of clothing he owns, blankets, towels, sheets and washed them in a new free and clear detergent. He has a steroid cream that I have to rub over his rough spots that helps with the itching. The poor little guy is falling apart!

Because he has all this going on at the same time, he has stopped sleeping through the night. It has been rough but at least it happened on a week I was already off work! There's nothing worse than knowing your child is sick and not being able to help. In true Lincoln fashion, he has taken it all in stride. He has moments where he only wants to be held and moments where he just wants to cry, but overall, my little guy is showing us just how tough he is!

Such a crazy week but full of good things. I am truly blessed and I am reminded of that every day.

No comments: