This is my life as it comes hurdling by....

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Artsonia Artist of the Week!




Every week www.artsonia.com has a contest on their homepage where they pick (at random) student's artwork to be part of a contest called Artist of the Week. This week, MY student was chosen and SHE WON! This is a picture of her artwork that got 1,737 votes!

I am so proud of her! Even though the artists are chosen at random, they couldn't have found a better student to be a finalist for AOTW. For winning, she won a $50 gift card to Blick Art Materials and our school won a $100 gift card from there as well. There is so much I could do for my students with an extra $100 and I know she will get plenty out of her winnings too. Shavon30 was published over the summer on the cover of a magazine, I wish I knew which one. Art is a very important part of her life and she is well on her way to becoming a skilled and devoted artist.

Thanks to everyone who voted for her!

No comments: