This is my life as it comes hurdling by....

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Hatrsburg Pumpkin Festival

This actually happened a few weeks ago but I am just now getting around to blogging about it.

This has become a family tradition for the Ahrens family. Pumpkins, shopping, hay mazes, pony rides, wine tasting, hayrides, more pumpkins. It makes for an amazing day! This is just a few shots that I took. I am trying to keep it short since I have a lot to post about from October.








By the time we got there, the pumpkins were pretty picked over but we got a couple cute shots of the boys sitting in the truck.


This day was filled with so many "firsts" for Caiden. I really wish Jay could have been there to see them all.


Caiden's first pony ride. His pony was named Daisy and she was so sweet. The rides lasted a loooong time too. We really got our $5 worth and Nana made sure to get plenty of pictures.




Caiden's first Hay Maze. This wasn't very long but it was kind of scary! They had turns that lead to nowhere and it was super tight and dark inside. We were both given flashlights and we met up with a couple of girl scouts inside who helped us get out. Even though Caiden was a little scared he managed to keep his cool and keep going. He did NOT want to do it again though.




Caiden's first "Tractor Ride". As we were leaving my parents spotted a "pick your own pumpkin" farm that was selling pumpkins by the wagon load. It was a great deal! They got about 15 pumpkins for $25 AND they delivered them to the car in a Gator. We had another pumpkin to pick up from another farm so my Dad and they boys rode the gator and my mom and I walked. Caiden was very excited although all he was showing was his cautious face. I'm sure it had nothing to do with me telling him 100 times not to stand up or move while the vehicle was moving ;0)


This little man wasn't as impressed by the tractor ride. He slept through the whole thing. Bumpy, stinky and full of turns. It didn't even phase him.


No comments: