This is my life as it comes hurdling by....

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Landscapes
















After having my camera for almost a year now I am STILL learning how to use it. It is the lack of "Me Time" that is keeping me from using it more than I do. It doesn't help that my usual subject moves at the speed of light and it is so hard for me to keep up with him while in manual mode. This spring I found myself practicing on flowers because not only are they beautiful but they don't move! As pretty as they were I decided to find a new intermediate subject to practice on until I get better.

It was while we were driving home from visiting my family (which is a 3 hour drive) that I realized what it was. As I was looking out the window I realized there are so many beautiful landscapes and country scenes along Highway 13. I have been driving that road now for more than 10 years to and from Marshfield and I am always in love with some of the beauty the country side has over the city. I decided since my husband was driving and my son was sleeping I could use this as an opportunity to practice some different settings on my camera.

It was between 3:45 and 5:00 that I took these so the lighting is all natural and so so beautiful. I did use my Picasa 3 to enhance them just a bit (mostly just to sharpen, convert to b/w and add a little fill light) but the rest is straight from the camera. I took about 50 but here are a few that I liked. It was a little difficult getting the right angle while driving 70 miles an hour down the highway but I think I did alright!

1 comment:

Auburn said...

Great pictures! So fun to see that you have a blog! I just started facebook, but I've been blogging forever. I love it ;o) I'll have to check yours now too!