This is my life as it comes hurdling by....

Thursday, September 25, 2008

My Time

One of my all time favorite things to do is read. Since I have been really busy lately with work, school, family life and my social life I haven't had much time to fit it into my schedule. Well now that I am at school Tuesdays and Thursdays I have a break in my day where I find a bench on campus and read for an hour. This is one of my favorite times of day. The weather has been so beautiful lately that is has been really hard for me to pack up my book and my lunch and head back to class.

One of my favorite authors is Jodi Picoult. I love love love her stuff. She writes fiction but in the two books that I have read so far these things really could happen. The first book of hers I read was My Sister's Keeper and the second one I read was 19 Minutes. Both of these books had endings that you thought you had figured out and then BAM! she throws a curve ball at you. I am over halfway done with A Change of Heart right now and I am eager to figure out what is next in line. Anyone have any suggestions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I may have to start reading Jodi. The only book I recommend to anyone and everyone is Bill Bryon's "A Walk in the Woods" which is hilarious and the reason Paul and I have tramped around the Ozarks woods and the Grand Canyon.

I love your blog! --Dad

Maria said...

I just finished "dear John" which is an easy reader by Nicholas Sparks, and then the "Secret Life of Bees" which was another easy reader. Just my two cents :)
Next on agenda is "twilight" Yes, I know everyone is reading it.

Hope all is well. I lost your blog address, and asked lori, for it again to follow. hope you don't mind.