This is my life as it comes hurdling by....

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Jay-Cub! Eff Yeah!

So today is our 4 Year Anniversary and I thought I would do this post Jay style. If you know my husband at all you know he loves quoting movies. LOVES it. So here are my top 15 reasons for loving being married to him....movie-quote-style.

"And here...we...GO!"

#15) "Aww, he's just yakin on a bone."
Jay is super laid back about everything. I always thought I was pretty laid back but compared to this guy I am d.r.a.m.a.

#14) "Did we just become best friends?"
"Yep!"
"Do you wanna do karate in the garage?"
"Yep!"
Jay is my best friend....as cheesy as that sounds. I love hanging out with him.

#13) "Uh, oh oh oh sweet child of myeeeine"
He is a great dad even though he had little to no experience with kids before we had Caiden. (Thank you Abby for being such a great guinea pig!)

#12) "Is there sugar in syrup?"
"Yes"
"Then YES!"
He loves it when I bake. He has such a sweet tooth!

#11) "Stay golden Ponyboy"
He is very good at his job and is currently making all the money our household spends....scary!

#10) "I give you the Griswold family Christmas tree....lotta sap in here! Mmmm.....looks great!....little full, lotta sap."
He is great about creating family traditions for our family and getting excited about our holidays together. In fact, he quotes Christmas movies year round!

#9) "I can't talk...I'm out seeing a band....they SUCK...but I'm here!"
He LOVES to play the guitar on Rockband. Which is great because I love to play the drums. What a great pair?!

#8) "It's just like Santa's workshop except it smells like mushrooms and everyone looks like they want to hurt me."
If you aren't impressed by him the first time around, no big deal. This happens. But be ready to adore him after you have met him a few times. Trust me, this is normal and it happens to a lot of people.

#7) "Is he looking for a new haircut?"
"I don't know, what about a What-Would-Jesus-Do?...hee hee"
He goes to church with me. This is a big step for us for so many reasons.....

#6) "He will bring sexy back!"
"What do you mean brother Timberlake?"
"It will be gone! and he will bring it back!"
He is so so cute! Have you seen him all dressed up in his business suits? Yowza!

#5) "Now you see, the new world is inevitable."
"It's what?"
"Inevit- inevitable."
"One more time?"
"Inevitable! Things are inevitably going to change!"
He is so patient with me even when I can't get the words out quite right. (this happens more than I would like. There is a reason I am an artist!)

#4) "If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now."
He is great at surprising me. Everything from the big stuff like a trip to Vegas for my birtday to a bottle of wine on a random Tuesday night.

#3) "Why are you so sweaty?"
"I was watching Cops."
He watches Grey's Anatomy, The Hills and Desperate Housewives with me....WILLINGLY. Sometimes I think he gets into them a little more than I do.....

#2) "Answer your phone! Oh wait, that's my phone."
We get this joke and that's all that matters....but the best part is that our son walks around the house quoting his line. HA!

#1) "First we'll make snow angels for two hours, then we'll go ice skating, then we'll eat a whole role of tollhouse cookie dough as fast as we can and then....we'll snuggle."
He is the best snuggler I have ever met. Seriously, pillow forts, blankies, he has it down!

So there you have it. My top 15 reasons for celebrating today all quoted using his favorite movies. I love you Jay! You are the best! I can't wait for many many more years with you.

(*movie quotes from: Elf, Christmas Vacation, Stepbrothers, My Best Friend's Girl, Team America: World Police, SNL host Justin Timberlake & Dark Knight)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Baby that's really good. Thoughtful, creative, sincere...People may actually mistake you for the lucky one!

When we first met I was talking with my co-workers at the TV station and I said, "I know that one day *Jenni* and I are gonna get married on top of a mountain, and there's going to be flutes playing and trombones and flowers and garlands of fresh herbs. And we will dance till the sun rises. And then our children will form a family band. And we will tour the countryside and you won't be invited."

And now, here we are...

Anonymous said...

# 3 and #8! love!
Deborah

Anonymous said...

Such a thoughtful post, Jenni! I missed Jacob already and now miss him even more.

Congrats on 4 years!

Love to you both,
Tommy