This is my life as it comes hurdling by....

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Baby Number 3?

Today has been one of those days! The kids at school are starting to get stir crazy and the teachers are starting to become impatient. I am guilty of it too.

When I get home it gets even crazier. My kids act like they haven't eaten all day and can't do anything until they've had some dinner. Caiden walks in the house and immediately goes to the refrigerator and gets out food.....like I'm not going to feed him. Lincoln will crawl into the kitchen and fuss until I put him in his chair with a snack.

Their meals are usually served in courses since they don't give me time to make it all at once. A typical night might be me heating up the stove to cook wheels (pasta noodles, the only kind Caiden will eat currently). While the water is heating up, I will stick a steamer bag with veggies in the microwave for about 5 minutes. While these things are heating up or cooking I usually give the boys something to snack on, maybe a cheese stick, cottage cheese, fruit or yogurt. All the while they are telling me they are hungry and asking for all the wrong things like candy, granola bars, goldfish crackers. It's lovely.

By the time I get them situated I try to find something fast to fix myself. Jay and I are still watching what we eat so it usually isn't hard to figure out what I am going to eat, it just takes awhile to prepare it. Oh how simple it would be if I could pop a frozen burrito in the microwave and call it good! Dinner was so much easier before I lost my metabolism!

With crazy nights like this happening quite often lately, it has made both Jay and I realize we are done having kids. Even with all the chaos we are a happy family and two kids just feels right. We have had several friends lately have their third child or are currently pregnant with their third baby and I just can't imagine! They are out numbered now! How do they get their kids up, fed and out the door in the morning? How do they fit in one car? What is it like to go places with that many bodies and bags? Now that there are three kids, can they find anyone to watch them while they go out and have a nice night together? How can they afford daycare for three kids? Do they hire people to clean their house and do their laundry?

I'm sure, as people do with one or two kids, you adjust. A system gets put in place and order is restored. You find ways to get to the grocery store, make dinner or fold the laundry. Our system is good here, even on crazy days. Our lives are blessed with the two beautiful children we have. One day, we may change our minds and decide to try for baby number three but for now we are happy and complete as a family of four.