This is my life as it comes hurdling by....

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead

This last weekend was a very busy one but to end it we took Jay's parents and Caiden to the Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead. For those of you who live in the KC area and have children, this is a MUST! The cost is a simple donation as well as $1.00 here or $3.00 there for pony rides, fishing poles, fish food, bottles of milk, etc.- SO WORTH IT! From what I understand this farm was created to honor the life and service of a police officer who died in the line of duty. I think that is a fantastic cause and I for one have no problems donating to such an honorable charity. This place is equipped with a fishing pond, Native American Tee pees, a school house, a LIVE bald eagle!, nature trails and..... I could go on and on. What can I say.... I {LOVE} THIS PLACE! Each place we went I thought it was Caiden's favorite; the Butterfly Garden, the children's tractors, THE BABY GOATS, dairy barn and of course, the Mining Exhibit. I seriously cannot wait to take him here when he gets older so we can go fishing and do the pony rides and possibly have birthday party....or at least a 1/2 birthday party.....?? (What do you do with kids who have birthdays in the middle of winter???). So now that I have your attention......
So seriously... I loved the baby goats, they are so cute!..


If you are interested in the link:

www.opkansas.org/_Vis/Farmstead/index.cfm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pictures are so cute! I love the one where they're milking the cow and Caiden is completely under the cow. I wonder if that's how O' Mc Donald does it?!

Anonymous said...

What fun! The cow milking picture is sweet, and it'll be too sweet in the picture collage at his graduation party. Keep taking pictures! UM